Euroports operates in the Port of Rauma, and safety is a key factor for the company. Safety was also a focus when the company was planning its visitor management. Since 2015, Systam Respa and Pass, together with the port’s access control system, have ensured the smooth arrival of guests as well as a quick way to go through the required safety instructions.
Euroports Finland Oy is Finland’s leading port operator offering complete services at Euroports Rauma, Euroports Pietarsaari and Euroports Logistics. Euroports Finland offers its clients stowage, warehousing and freight forwarding services, as well as related auxiliary services. Euroports Finland Oy’s turnover in 2018 was just under EUR 80.0 million, and the company employed approximately 600 persons. The goals determined by Euroports Finland Oy include enhancing occupational safety, increasing turnover, improving profitability and promoting inclusive leadership. Euroports Finland is part of the international Euroports Group which operates in 26 ports throughout Europe and in two ports in China. The Euroports Group employs approximately 2,700 professionals.
I am on my way to talk to Jarmo Kivi, Safety Manager at Euroports. I have received an invitation to a meeting via email, and also a request to read and verify my knowledge of the safety instructions for the port area. I passed the test. When I arrive at the Port of Rauma, I stop at the port office to provide a notification of my arrival, as instructed. I also enter my vehicle registration plate number, so that the Visy ports securing the area will allow me to pass. I find my way to the Euroports office and I am greeted at the door by Kivi who has reveived a notification of my arrival.
We often hear from our guests that it is rare that things are as smooth as this. In addition, there is the safety viewpoint. When the visit starts off with a safety induction, it provides a strong message of the importance of occupational safety here at Euroports.
-Jarmo Kivi, Safety Manager, Euroports Rauma Oy
Paper copies of visitor lists were thrown away in 2015 when the automatic visitor management system was commissioned in Euroports with the help of Systam services. Respa fulfilled the increasing requirements posed by data protection and the Pass service ensures safety inductions to be implemented before the guest arrives. Combining the Visy Access Gate access control and gate operating system in use at the port area with visitor management made the system as a whole an easy one to manage.
Inviting guests is easy as well. With the calendar integration, the calendar invitations generated in the personnel’s email system seamlessly transmit the information of the invited persons to the visitor management system, which has been welcomed enthusiastically in the company, says Kivi.
Using the calendar integration to invite guests mainly invoked questions on whether it can really be this easy to use the system!
Structured processes and the consideration of safety aspects have been viewed at Euroports as both improving the visitor experience as well as having a favourable effect on establishing a positive employer image. According to HR Director Markku Lehtovaara, the goal of the company is to utilise the Pass service even more extensively than before by using the Pass to implement the induction training of guests, contractors and summer trainees alike.
Since 2015, more than 3,000 guests have signed in at the Euroports Rauma facility. Kivi has experienced cooperation with Systam to be very smooth, and he does not hesitate in recommending it to others as well.
Everything has gone according to plans. Systam Respa and Pass are excellent services from both the perspective of the guest and the hosting company.
Our solutions at Euroports
– The RespaManager online service for management and monitoring of visitor traffic
– Automatic messages at every stage of the visitor path. Content can be edited by the customer.
– Systam Respa Lite – A thin and modern self-service kiosk with an interface tailored to match the company’s visual identity.
– Connected to the system, a special printer sourced elsewhere for printing visitor cards.
– The calendar integration is an easy way of handling advance sign-in for visits at the same time as a meeting invitation is sent to the guest.
– Visy Access Gate for following vehicles in the area. Opening the boom with the registration plate number.
– Systam Pass for safety induction training of visitors and contractors.
– An online service for the creation of induction training content and monitoring of performance
– An easy editor for customers to generate and edit content.
– Integrated with Systam Respa visitor management provides a way to ensure that induction training is successfully completed before sign-in.