Paju 2 is a modern office building in Tartu, Estonia. Our Systam Respa visitor management solution with KONE API and elevator integration equipped the building with added automation and control. Arriving visitors are now provided with an easy and pleasant arrival, while the building’s level of security is increased.
Paju 2 is a new, modern and environmental-friendly office building in Tartu, Estonia. It hosts several companies on 16 floors.
Need for increased security
For a new office building, functioning without an occupied front desk, it was essential to find a solution for safe and smooth visitor management that would make visits easy and pleasant but also restrict unwanted access to the building. In a 16-storey office building, the elevators and providing controlled access to them was seen as a key element in increasing the building’s security level.
A visitor management solution that connects with KONE
Systam Respa visitor management was set up as a self-service model, where all the building’s tenants have their own profile in the kiosks as well as access for management. Inviting visitors is easy with a calendar integration that generates an automatic pre-arrival message with instructions for the visitor.
Integrating the building elevators with Systam Respa was made possible by KONE API’s and our active participation in the KONE API Partner Ecosystem. This joint solution enables to define where, how and who can call an elevator once a visitor has arrived.
Here’s how it works:
- When a visitor arrives and signs in at the self-service kiosk, it triggers an automatic message to be sent to the visitor’s host.
- Invited visitors can have an elevator called automatically without any separate approval. In case of drop-in visitors, the host can then give approval for use of the otherwise locked elevators.
- If the host grants the approval, the visitor receives a QR code that can be shown to the self-service kiosk for an elevator call. Smooth and safe!
Benefits for all
The provided solution made it possible to increase the building’s security level by keeping the elevators usually locked and only allowing approved visitors to make elevator calls to the predetermined floors. Having a more automated and controlled visitor flow will also enable the building’s operation costs to be brought down; not to mention the increased value that happy visitors will bring to all the tenants. Providing an easy and pleasant arrival for visitors will ensure that meetings start on a good note, not to mention giving the visitors a good impression that lasts.
The most important benefits created:
- Pre-arrival invitations and self-service kiosks for visitors
- Smooth and secure visitor flow via KONE API and elevator integration.
- Increased building security.
Our solutions for Paju 2
- RespaManager online service for management and monitoring of visitor traffic.
- Calendar integration for easy adding of visits using a personal Outlook invitation.
- Pre-arrival messages for the visitors and fast sign-in using a QR code.
- Systam Respa X self-service kiosks with an integrated QR-code reader and a printer for printing visitor cards.
- Automatic notifications for both the visitor and the host.
- KONE API and elevator integration for automatic elevator calls.